Workshop on Advanced Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods and Dietary Supplements, 14 July 2016, Jalandhar, Punjab
Workshop on Advanced Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods and Dietary Supplements, 14 July 2016
Algae have a long history of use as foods and for the production of food ingredients. There is also increasing interest in their exploitation as sources of bioactive compounds for use in functional foods and nutraceuticals. Functional ingredients from algae for foods and nutraceuticals reviews key topics in these areas, encompassing both macroalgae (seaweeds), microalgae and cyanobacteria.
The workshop will present content in a wide array of teaching styles such as didactic lectures, extensive question and answer and group discussion sessions, group workshops, and ample networking opportunities. Through this variety of teaching/learning styles, the faculty will enhance the knowledge of various formulations of nutraceuticals, functional foods, dietary supplements from various cyanobacteria and algae sources.
Registration Fee: INR 1000/-
Online Registration Link: https://www.payumoney.com/events/#/buyTickets/ICAT
Workshop Timings: 2.30 PM to 5.00 PM
After participating in this entire workshop, you should have an increased knowledge of, and be more
- To know various formulations of functional foods, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements
- To know the practical protocols and resources needed for preparation of functional foods, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements
- To know about quality control and preparation of high end products.
- To know about critical care nutraceuticals for Enteral Nutrition.
1. Various source of biologically active ingredients for the formulation of functional foods and nutraceuticals
2. Lipids, fatty acids and sterols based functional foods, nutraceuticals, and dietary supplements.
3. Proteins, peptides and amino acids based functional foods, nutraceuticals, and dietary supplements.
4. Antibacterial, anticancer, and anti-inflammatory functional foods
5. New product development, recommended dosage for aqua, animal and human feeding.
Venue: Conference Hall, Apeejay Institute of Management Technical Campus, Rama Mandi - Hoshiarpur Road, Jalandhar -144007
The Indian state of Punjab is known for its cuisine, culture and history. Some of the main cities in Punjab are Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala. Punjab’s public transportation network provides excellent tourist transportation.