A Part of Lifelong Learning Initiative of IAPEN
Critical Care Pharmacist
In order to promote lifelong learning in basic and advanced clinical nutrition and to facilitate the academic pursuits of more number of pharmacists from the educational institutions, hospitals and health care settings, The Indian Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN) announces the Critical Care Pharmacist through distance learning.
The British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (B.A.P.E.N), UK has mentioned the roles and responsibilities of the Critical Care Pharmacist.
1. Can assist in prescribing parenteral nutrition
2. Preparation of safe and aseptic parenteral nutrition solutions (including compounding)
3. Optimizes composition and advises on compatibility/stability issues and drug/nutrient interactions
4. Quality improvement, education of pharmacists, other health care professionals, patients and students
5. Conducts nutrition-related research or participates in research activities
Download Information Booklet and Syllabus